The Spotlight Blog! - Selected Back Issues

Saturday, June 25, 2005

The New Venture, Day Camp & Required Reading

It's (NOT) All About Me This is my focus as I go forward into my week. This is the week I push my marketing into high gear. Since this first phase of marketing involves a good bit of phone contact, I'm already feeling a case of Telemarketer's Ear Syndrome coming on. My goal is to make 350 calls in the month of July. Yeah, the ear is already bothering me. Good thing I went out and bought a good headset. One thing is certain; 350 businesses who haven't heard about me and my services, will very soon! I'm getting excited. I'm simply informing people of the problems I solve and let them know that BarryMorris.com is up and running. When they visit the site (I've put in some remote control directional issues), they'll feel like that know a good deal about me and what I'm capable of. (Man, do I hate ending that sentence with a preposition.)

Camp du Soleil Justin begins two weeks of day camp on Monday at our local community center. He's excited about the activities and sports that will charactize this camp. That will give me two week's worth solid work during the hours he's at camp. He's excited about the field trips; Great America, Raging Waters, and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. He'd admitted missing school "a little bit."

Shut Up, Stop Whining & Get A Life This is Larry Winget's new book. He's the self-termed "Pit Bull of Human Development." Somehow this book needs to be required reading for all college students. Look at some of the chaptr titles: How to live by design, not by default; Criticism Happens; Worry is a waste of time; Success is a balancing act; and of course the first three, Shut up; Stop Whining; Get a life. This book is a no-nonsense approach to (student?) success. Bottom line: stop complaining about everything and get busy living life instead of letting life happen to you.

Peace.

Barry